Monday, July 9, 2012

My First Field Trip: Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary

Its the day of my first field trip and I am all ready to go!


I've got my North Face shoes, FGCU shirt, and Camelback in toe. 

Off to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary ...


Corkscrew Sanctuary has a couple types of land including: pine upland, tall grass praire, and cypress swamp.

There are a variety of wildlife species including: Bats, Owls, Otters, Frogs, Woodpeckers, Mosquitofish, Butterflies, Turtles, Snakes, and so much more. 

The many types of pants at the sanctuary include: Bald Cypress, Ghost Orchid, Water Lettuce, Slash Pine, Red Maple, Poison Ivy, Cabbage Palm, and so much more.


The sanctuary is navigated by boardwalk.


As you walk along the boardwalk you can see examples of all of the different types of land, wildlife, and plants. We encountered some interesting things ...


Above is a picture of some alligators that we saw during our journey down the boardwalk.

I had a great time on my first filed trip at the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and it got me really excited for the field trips to come. 








No comments:

Post a Comment