Monday, July 9, 2012

My Sense Of Place


In the last four years here in Estero I have really formed a sense of place. I have taken full advantage of the local environment and all it has to offer. I really feel like I have become a part of the community and I will be staying local in Naples when I graduate in December. 

One of the activities that has brought me closer to my community is roadside cleanups with my Sigma Chi Fraternity brothers. We get together every couple of months and clean up litter off of Ben Hill Griffin Road in front of the Gulf Coast Town Center.




The second activity that has given me a sense of place is my spending time outside with my dog Cooper. I take Cooper to the local dog park and we explore the large expanses of land in my neighborhood of Copper Oaks. 


The third activity that have given me a sense of place is enjoying the beaches and beautiful waters of SouthWest Florida. I love skim boarding, relaxing at the beach, and fishing with my girlfriends grandfather at Captiva. 



Overall SouthWest Florida is a great place to live and I feel like I have really grown to appreciate the area and everything it offers. 







No comments:

Post a Comment